The Tekkenpedia is the best resource for all information about Tekken! This includes characters backgrounds, galleries, stories and character relationships.
Since 2005, Tekkenpedia English has aimed to expand the Tekken universe by diving much deeper into the Tekken universe with videos, character galleries, fan art, forums, and gameplay discussion. Feel free to read articles from Tekkenpedia and edit if you wish.
Characters of Tekken
Character of the Month
Hwoarang is a character that makes his debut in Tekken 3 and returns for every subsequent title in the series. He fights using Tae Kwon Do, with a wide variety of kicks making up the majority of his vast moveset, mixed in with four different stances (Left Stance, Right Stance, Left Flamingo, and Right Flamingo). A student of Baek Doo San, Hwoarang enters The King of Iron Fist Tournament 3 to take revenge against Ogre for having attacked his mentor, and in Tekken 4, his story expresses a desire to claim the Mishima Zaibatsu as his own (though in his ending, he immediately sells it off to another company). However, his defining motivation throughout every game is to settle his score with Jin Kazama, who had brought an end to Hwoarang's perfect record when the two fought to a draw prior to the events of Tekken 3. He finally achieves this goal when he defeats Jin in a rematch during The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, but it results in his rival unleashing his demonic form and beating Hwoarang into near-death, which in turn drives him to train alongside Baek with more vigor than ever before to deal with this newfound threat after he recovers in the hospital.
- Just experimenting running some ads at the bottom of the page to offset server costs. Once I can figure out how, ads will be disabled if you log in.
Samuel (talk) 08:43, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry for the site being a bit broken for the past couple of hours. I've upgraded it to a bleeding edge version of MediaWiki to allow the installation of some features to make it easier to use the Tekkenpedia on mobile devices! Any problems, please report them to my talk page and enjoy using the Tekkenpedia on mobile devices.
Samuel (talk) 03:09, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
- I've updated the questions you need to answer to join the site. This should help prevent some of the spam accounts that are signing up.
Samuel (talk) 22:23, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
Samuel (talk) 23:02, 15 July 2014 (UTC)
- A few rough edges on getting the new server going under load. Apologies for the outages the sites been having.
Samuel (talk) 11:19, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- Server has been moved and if you're seeing this, you're on the new one. Any problems, please let me know on my talk page.
Samuel (talk) 04:17, 8 June 2014 (UTC)
- Ok, the server move is scheduled for this weekend Melbourne time. The down time should be minimal, about one hour.
Samuel (talk) 01:59, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
- Hey guys, have to move the server AGAIN. The wiki will be in read only mode while I do it. So sorry, turns out Amazon AWS is a bit too expensive ($200 last month!) so I'm going to move to Digital Ocean. Sorry about the downtime :(
Samuel (talk) 11:04, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
- If you can see this message then welcome, you're on the new server.
Samuel (talk) 11:06, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
- I'm in the process of consolidating all my servers so the Tekkenpedia is going to move from Hetzner to Amazon AWS. Hopefully it should be a bit faster for everyone that's in the US again (and slower for those in Europe, sorry! :( )
Samuel (talk) 05:46, 19 April 2014 (CEST)