|Voiced By||Shiho Kikuchi (T2, TTT), Mamiko Noto (TTT2)|
|Fighting Style||Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts (風間流古武術)|
|Age||22 (T2) 44 (TTT2)|
|Height||5'7" (170 cm)|
|Weight||119 lbs (50 kg)|
|Hobby||Birds and sunset watching|
|Likes||Her son, Her lover (T2), Heihachi Mishima, basking in the woods, animals, saving people, peace, and purity|
|Dislikes||Deception, the Devil Gene, Ogre, violence, evil and Devil|
Jun Kazama 風間準) was introduced in Tekken 2. She portrayed as a mysterious and fearless woman, a fighter for peace. With her insight, she was able to come to the unique realisation that Kazuya's power stemmed from Devil. Pure in spirit and mission, she stands as a stark opposite to the dark going ons in the Mishima family. Living in the fear of Jin's dark heritage, she travelled to the mountains of Japan and raised her son with a strong moral standard. The strength of her spirit, even after she is declared missing, is still evident for she shows herself in a vision to Jin in Tekken 4, to dissuade him from killing his Grandfather. She was obviously a strong fighter, being able to best Devil and save her unborn son.
She is the mother of Jin Kazama. It was confirmed in the Tekken 6 storyline that she was attacked by Ogre before Tekken 3, and has been missing ever since. It has been confirmed that Jin thinks she is dead. Ogre has some of her moves, like her "Windmill Kick" move. Jin, seeking to avenge his mother, kills True Ogre in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 3
Her title in the original trilogy is Ecological Fighter.
Games in order of appearance:
The final boss of Tekken Tag Tournament is a character that is referred to as "Unknown". Unknown is an Asian-looking woman with glowing yellow eyes and purple slime coating her otherwise naked body. Behind her, some sort of wolf-like spirit acts out every move she performs, giving the impression that it is controlling her actions.
Unknown has the ability to copy all of the other characters' abilities, and the player can switch fighting styles on the fly simply by pressing down on the Right analog stick. What's interesting to note, however, is that Unknown starts with the fighting style of Jun Kazama at the onset of every battle. This, in addition to their similar features, have led many to believe that Unknown is a possessed Jun Kazama.
However, with the release of the Tekken 6 Art Book, Namco revealed in a small feature of Unknown that she was intended to be Jun's younger sister, but that the concept was scrapped. This explains their physical similarities as well as make room for why their heights aren't the same, making it impossible for them to be the same person.
Another interesting fact is that Jun seems to be completely replaced by a recent addition to the series named Asuka Kazama, both in terms of gameplay (they have the same moves, but Asuka has more moves than Jun). Asuka first appeared in Tekken 5. In previous Tekken games, Jun Kazama possessed strange angelic powers that allowed her to temporarily quell evil entities (such as the Devil which possessed Jin Kazama and, possibly, Kazuya Mishima).
Similarly, in her ending in Tekken 5, Asuka manages to reverse Jin Kazama's Devil transformation simply by touching him. She did not seem to be aware of this power, however, nor did she seem to notice Jin's transformed state at all. At the end of their encounter, Jin accidentally fell face-first onto Asuka's breasts and, after a momentary look of embarrassment, Asuka retaliated by punching him into a wall of rock and stomping away angrily, never finding out about their relation.
What's interesting is that, if Asuka does not know about her power (or her relation to Jin), then it's possible that not everyone with Kazama blood know they have this ability. Jun seemed to be able to sense the Devil within Kazuya Mishima (Jin's father), but Asuka has yet to show no such extraordinary sense, despite there being two individuals within the last two King Of Iron Fist Tournaments 5 and 6 who possessed the Devil Gene (Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama). However, it can be assumed that Jun's spiritual power is more powerful then Asuka's, for Jun was deemed the "Chosen One." Alternatively, Asuka could merely be unaware of her potential and therefore is unable to use her spiritual power to its greatest effect.
This may be attributed to several factors:
- Asuka's age, as she is five years younger than Jun was when she appeared in Tekken 2.
- Jun's title of "Chosen One" (which made her special even amongst other Kazamas, as stated in her Tekken 2 profile).
- Asuka has a "less-than-pure" behaviour, while Jun was peace-loving and mostly pacifistic, Asuka is eager to get into a fight.
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
- Prologue (Manual)
- Jun is an officer of the WWWC, a wildlife protection organization. She is highly psychic and can sense a mysterious power surrounding Kazuya. Besides her duty to arrest Kazuya, who smuggles protected animals, she wants to free Kazuya of his evil power during the tournament.
- Ending "Purity" (Unofficial Synopsis)
- A forest is shown. Birds, a squirrel, and a horse can be seen. A yellow bus pulls up at the forest. Jun Kazama steps out of the bus and into the forest. Jun takes a deep breath. Some birds, a horse, a deer, and a squirrel come up to her. Jun lets the squirrel climb up one of her arms and onto her shoulder. A bird is resting on Jun's other shoulder. Then, Jun is shown on the horse's back, riding off into the distance. It appears that the sun has almost set. After a while, Jun gets off of the horse's back and walks a little bit further. Jun begins to watch the sunset.
- Jun used "Morning Fields Osaka" as her stage, however, Stonehenge can be seen in the background. This discrepency is unexplained by Namco.
- Jun's sub-boss is Wang Jinrei.
- Jun appears as a mid-boss in the arcade version the "New Character" setting in Test Mode is set to "Baek & Lei", which can only be beaten using Marshall Law. This can be switched around so that she is one of the ten characters the player begins with. Doing this also makes Jun unselectable as a playable character (does not apply to the PS2 arcade version found in Tekken 5). To avoid this problem, change the test settings to "Jun & Lei" under the "New Character" setting
- In the Playstation version, if playing with Devil/Angel, Jun will be the mid-boss on Stage 9.
- There is speculation to whether or not the intimate meeting between Kazuya and Jun was consensual.
- Jun, at 5'7", is the second tallest female character, after Kunimitsu.
Spin-Offs and Related Games
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
Tekken Tag Tournament is a non-canonical entry in the Tekken series.
- Ending (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Jun stands beside Jin Kazama, who is laying on the ground on his back. They are in Unknown's stage. She crouches, and it is revealed that Jin has Devil markings on his forehead. Jun touches his forehead, the screen flashes white for a second, and the Devil markings disappear. Jun smiles slightly and stares lovingly at her son. When Jin regains consciousness and rises slightly, which is just a few seconds later, Jun is nowhere to be seen. It is assumed that it was Jun's spirit that healed Jin Kazama.
- Many believe that Tekken Tag Tournament's boss character, Unknown, is in fact a possessed version of Jun due to their physical resemblence, her tattoo (similar to Jin's), and because she always starts out with Jun's moveset. However, their difference in height of a full inch, difference in eye colour (Jun has brown eyes, Unknown has green), and laterality (Jun is right-handed, Unknown is left-handed) makes it unlikely for them to be the same person, yet this does not seem to deter fans from believing that they are one and the same.
- Jun's ending is similar to Angel's ending.
Jun serves as the first half of the final boss and fights in Solo Mode. When she's beaten, she then transforms into Unknown.
The mother of Jin Kazama, head of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Trained in the Kazama-Style Traditional Martial Arts. What secrets lie behind those sorrowful eyes...? 
- Ending (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Jun is seen in the night in a dark area. She closes her eyes and soon various glowing lights appear along with spirits of animals. She opens her eyes and creates a spiral before concentrating all the lights and spirits into a single blast heading for the sky, which then creates stars.
- This game marks Jun's first playable appearence since the first Tekken Tag Tournament, released over 10 years earlier.
- Once the player defeats Ogre a white light engulfs him. Jun (or Heavenly Garden is revealed to be the cause and a fight will ensue between Jun and the player. If the player loses, Jun appears in the continue screen and walks away once the countdown reaches zero. If the player wins, Heavenly Garden will turn into the Fallen Garden and Jun transforms into Unknown.
- She is one of the few characters to have her own stage, which is Heavenly Garden.
- Jun's transformation into Unknown goes against Namco's earlier statement that Unknown was Jun's sister.
- She has a special win pose with Devil Jin ,when he will stop all movement because of Jun possibly supressing his transformation.
Story (Unofficial Synopsis)
As a child, Jun witnessed Kazuya Mishima being thrown off of a cliff by his father, Heihachi Mishima. She climbed down the cliff to try and save Kazuya but was unable to find him. She was haunted by this experience all through her childhood and into her adulthood. In the present day, Jun is an officer of the WWWC, a wildlife protection organization. She is highly psychic and can sense a mysterious power surrounding Kazuya Mishima (who is revealed to have survived the fall from the cliff).
She is teamed up with police officer Lei Wulong and their assignment is to
investigate the Mishima Conglomerate's genetic engineering of
bio-weapons, but she is constantly drawn to Kazuya; she can't let
him give in to his hatred and kill his father, Heihachi
Mishima. After many confrontations, Jun discovers that Kazuya
is possessed by the Devil
but is able to convince Kazuya to spare the life of Heihachi. The
story jumps to the future to show that Jun is living a peaceful and
happy life with her son, Jin Kazama. However, she is able to sense
something strange in the air (most likely Ogre.) She promises Jin that everything will be
alright and the two leave together hand in hand.
- Jun has the ability to suppress the influence of the Devil Gene. Dialogue in Kazuya's Tekken 4 ending indicates that this ability is not unique to her, but shared among the members of the Kazama clan.
- The kanji for "Jun" means "pure" in Japanese.
- Katsuhiro Harada, the director of Tekken, hinted the the possibility of Jun still being alive by confirming the only definitely deceased characters are the first King and the first Armor King. 
- Jun was at some point intended to be in Tekken 3, as her leftover data can be found through hacking. She has her own unique portrait, and in battle uses Nina Williams' body and Jin Kazama's moves.
- In Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Asuka Kazama can be customized to look like a younger Jun. A similar short neck hairstyle and white hairband can be equipped so that Asuka Kazama can resemble Jun. The only differences are that the customized hair is brown while Jun had black hair and that Asuka is shorter than Jun.
- Ling Xiaoyu has a similar role to Jun's, trying to save Jin as Jun tried to save Kazuya.
|You dare defy fate?|
|So, you survived. *|
|I can sense a great power.|
|Did you forget my teachings?|
- Lover of Kazuya Mishima during Tekken 2.
- Mother of Jin Kazama.
- Related to Asuka Kazama and Asuka's father.
- Human form of Unknown.
- Was attacked by Ogre shortly after the events of Tekken 2 and is currently missing due to the attack.
- Saved Heihachi Mishima from Kazuya during Tekken: The Motion Picture and from Jin in his Tekken 4 ending
- Partner of Lei Wulong during Tekken: The Motion Picture
- Mokujin has known many members of the Kazama Family including Jun herself