Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
|Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion|
(also released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation Portable, as Tekken 6)
|Arcade System||Octave Engine, System 357|
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of the arcade Tekken 6. It was officially announced on August 28th, 2008. The game was released on Arcades in December 2008. Later in October 2009, a console version of the game, dubbed as Tekken 6, was released for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PlayStation Portable.
The official trailer was shown at the AM Show on September 18th, 2008 in Tokyo, Japan. It is similar to the Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection upgrade for Tekken 5, although it was also released on consoles and not only arcades. The tagline, as shown in the most recent trailers, is "What do you fight for". ().
Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion features two new characters, Alisa Bosconovitch, who is the creation of Doctor Geppetto Boskonovitch (), and Lars Alexandersson, who is described as a "strange foreigner" ().
Many new things, other than the two new characters, are also being introduced with Bloodline Rebellion, such as several new stages (currently six), customization items (including what is referred to as Character Dressup, allowing new "Item Move" features), and an all-new feature that allows the player to customize the hair of the characters, such as hairstyles and hair colors; in other words you can literally make your own hairstyle for each character. Furthermore, Namco has attempted to balance out the characters, as several characters (most notably Bob) were considered much too overpowered in Tekken 6 ().
From Tekken 6 to Bloodline Rebellion, the Tekken-Net ID cards that have ranks below red (from the "Conqueror" rank and below) get reset back to "1st DAN". However, the ones that have ranks above red remain the same ().
Additionally, there exists a golden version of the game's final boss, Azazel. To reach it, you must play arcade mode without retrying to properly reach it. Also, Azazel's color changes to red/orange when it gets low on health, as seen in the official trailer (at 3:09 - 3:12).
The game's bonus boss, Nancy-MI847J, does not appear to have received a design change. However, it appears to take less damage from attacks now. In the console version, it is playable on the second stage of "Scenario Campaign".
As of Wednesday, December 3, 2008, in an interview with Katsuhiro Harada, it was revealed that Namco / Namco-Bandai is "considering" including console-specific characters for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. ( and ).
Also, there are new "Item Move" features for some of the characters like Lili, Xiaoyu, and other characters.
A new mode, "Scenario Campaign", will be in the console versions of the game. It can be played alone, with others, and online. Similar to the Tekken Force side game in Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5's Devil Within, the fighters go through certain areas and defeat all opposing enemies, first was start from Lars and his robot partner Alisa as the first playable characters at this mode.
They have added new Console-Exclusive Outfits for specific characters.
There will also be a limited edition for both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. The bundle includes the Tekken 6 game, limited edition wireless fight stick crafted by Hori (a black one for the Playstation 3 and a white one for the Xbox 360) and collectible Art book. Gamestop will offer a bonus offer to the bundle. It will include s Samurai Pack Downloadable Content featuring An official Cardboard Tube Samurai outfit designed by Penny Arcade exclusively for Yoshimitsu. And limited edition Samurai Battle Banners with which you can customize for each of the 40 fighters, and a Tekken Calendar featuring the characters of the in incredible graphic detail.
*New to Tekken 6
**New to Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
- Anger of the Earth * **
- Azazel's Temple (Jin Kazama's Arena story only) (Console Version)
- Azazel's Chamber (Azazel's Final Boss Stage)
- Cemetery *
- Central Tower (NANCY-MI847J's Bonus Stage)
- City After Dark
- Electric Fountain **
- Fallen Colony *
- Fiesta del Tomate ** ***
- Gargoyle's Perch (Jin Kazama's Sub-Boss Stage)
- Hidden Retreat ** ***
- High Roller's Club
- Lightning Storm **
- Manji Valley
- Mystical Forest
- Noh Theater
- Rustic Asia
- Temple Grounds
- Tunnel Disaster **
- Urban War Zone
*Is a multi-tier stage
**New to Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion
***Can only be selected via Random Select
Altough the characters and movelists remain the same as it was in the console version there are some features missing in this game. Also there are secret stages available only by cheat codes like Gym, Temple, Hidden Retreat 2, etc.
- Scenario Campaign mode has been completely removed from the PSP version. It cannot also be played normally with the use of cheat codes.
- The Customization items for each character have been reduced to having less items and other options.
- Achievements and Trophies have been removed.
- Special outfits, like Anna's Zebra Suit have been removed completely. You can't select or buy it like in Tekken 5 or Dark Resurrection.
- The Motion Blur is no longer an option for display.
- The Azazel's Chamber and Gargoyle's Perch stages are not playable outside Arcade, Story, Time Attack and, Survival mode. The reason for this remains unexplained.
- The customization menu is not in a stage, but in a blue plain background with no floor like in the PSP version of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection.
- When you select a character, instead of doing his/her pose and showing his/her customization, the CG art of that character will be displayed, although in a very bad resolution.
- There is no Stage Select like in the previous PSP Tekken game.
- The records are now displayed in only one resumed monotone table and there is no rankings or character usage statiscs.
- In practice mode there is no scroll option when you hold a specific command and the sample combos are not with the corresponding notations.
- There is no command training and the VS CPU and Defensive training are both in the same menu with Freestyle.
- There's no day-to-night transitions in the Temple Grounds stage.
- There is no background music in Theater mode and the Prologues/Epilogues cannot be bought.
- There is no replays after a battle has concluded.
- Since the Scenario Campaign mode has been removed, the 2 new characters Lars and Alisa are now playable in arena mode and have their own official endings, which are actually Scenario Campaign cut-scenes.
- The Gold Rush mode has returned, but now it is in the High Rollers Club stage and there's a bonus for attack variation which is the use of different attacks during the time of Gold Rush.
- There's a special Practice stage very similar to the stage of the previous game with the difference being that now the colors of the stage are Black/Gray/Brown instead of Black/Blue.
- Item moves remains the same for every character.
- The menus, command lists, and credits have been redesigned.
On July 26, 2009, Namco Bandai announced that they would be collaborating with mixed martial arts apparel company TapouT. Because of this, TapouT shirts will be available as universal customization items in the console version of the game. Corresponding retail t-shirts will also be available for purchase ().
Achievements / Trophies
See Tekken 6/Achievements and Trophies for the full list.
The console versions of Tekken 6 will feature achievements / trophies upon completing certain tasks. In addition to the ones listed, there are also 12 additional hidden ones.