Tekken Card Tournament
|Tekken Card Tournament|
|Platforms||PC (Web browsers), iOS, Android|
|Release Date||April 4, 2013|
|Game modes||Single-Player, Multiplayer|
|Predecessor||Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition|
|Followed By||Tekken Revolution|
Harada had announced at Twitter in mid-January 2013 that he was now making a new installment for the Tekken series. He also stated that the announcement was not going to be about Tekken 7 or Tekken x Street Fighter. He would later announce Tekken Card Tournament online, commenting at his interest in computer games. The game is confirmed to be released for Asia, North America, Oceania, Europe and South America. The creators confirmed that there would not only be for computers, tablets and smartphones, but there would also bee a physical set of cards for use. Another thing worth noted is that each card has a QR code, so it's possible to add cards into a person's digital deck from his physical deck. As of late January it was confirmed that there would be at least 190 unique cards for use. A beta version went online on late January while the card packs would be set to be released on summer 2013.
On June 9, 2015, Tekken's Facebook page introduced a poll that would allow players to vote for their favorite character to be the 12th fighter for Tekken Card Tournament. The choices were Anna, Alisa, Asuka, and Christie. It was announced on the 24th of the same month that Asuka had won the competition and would be added next in the roster, following an autumn release. Asuka was released in December 8 on iOS while Android and PC versions followed a day later.  
- The game is turn based where one character will perform one action at a time.
- The action's of a character has been categorized into three sections, Focus, Strike and Block.
- Characters will be given health bars, determining whether or not they will be able to fight.
- Card packs that are bought physically can be brought into the digital world via the QR codes located at the back of every card.
- It is possible to have a cross-console battle.
- Like Tekken Tag Tournament 2, there will be global rankings online.
- There are specially themed contests and weekly battles that will provide extra rewards to players.
- Character customization was added in version 2. The customs all actually come from Tekken 6 customization options.
- A tag feature was added in version 3. Your main character can tag another character's cards that correspond to his/her special abilities regarding three criteria: Strength, Draw, and Skills. Although another character is used, a player's life bar will only come from their main character's Power Card (HP Card).
Facebook Character Vote
- There are "Balance Updates" every 3-4 weeks in order to improve gameplay and even out the playing field for weak and strong characters. New cards are also being released in a more untimely manner being referred to as Card Releases.
- All the cards in the game showcase the characters in their default costumes in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 except for the female characters who can be seen in their bikini outfits in their card collection, including Panda.
- Heihachi is also not in his default costume from Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as his young self in his cards, but his model in Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 was used instead so that it would match his CG art used in Tekken Card Tournament.
- There was a semi-finals voting that concluded the final 4 females for the Facebook poll. King and Jaycee actually had more votes than Alisa but it was concluded that the next character should be a female. Jaycee wasn't in the final voting because developers stated that Julia's Tekken 6 model was the one they wanted to use and that they can't use Jaycee for the graphics. 
- In order to free some space in the app, developers minimized the details in the stages and even replaced the default music to the stage. Anger of the Earth used Temple Grounds' background theme, "Ethno Evening" and both City After Dark and High Roller's Club used Electric Fountain's background theme, "Karma" even though Electric Fountain wasn't in Tekken Card Tournament.
- The song used in the main menu was "Dawn of the Beat" like Tekken Tag Tournament 2's main menu background theme but was later changed to "Battle Cry" in version 3. "Your Sunset" is played as the background theme while a player is browsing one's card collection.
- A player cannot customize their tag partner.
|Main series||Tekken • Tekken 2 • Tekken 3 • Tekken 4 • Tekken 5 (DR) • Tekken 6 (BR) • Tekken 7 (FR)|
|Tag series||Tekken Tag Tournament • Tekken Tag Tournament 2|
|Other games||Tekken Card Challenge • Tekken Advance • Death by Degrees • Tekken Resolute • Tekken Hybrid • Tekken 3D: Prime Edition • Tekken Card Tournament • Tekken Revolution • Tekken Arena|
|Crossovers||Namco X Capcom • Street Fighter X Tekken • Tekken X Street Fighter|
|Films||Tekken: The Motion Picture • Tekken (2010 film) • Tekken: Blood Vengeance • Tekken 2: Kazuya's Revenge (2014 film)|