|Voiced By||Ryoko Shiraishi (T5-TTT2), Seiko Ueda (SFxT), GK Bowes (SFxT)|
|Fighting Style||Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts (風間流古武術)|
|Age||17 (T5/T5:DR) 18 (T6)|
|Weight||50 kg (107 lbs)|
|Occupation||High school student|
|Likes||Confrontation, her father, Winning, Justice, Her family's dojo, Lili (Tekken Comic)|
|Dislikes||Cocky people, losing, Feng Wei, Lili, Jin Kazama (T6)|
Asuka Kazama is introduced in Tekken 5 and she has returned for Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Tekken 6, and Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion. She is mostly known to be a cousin of the series' former protagonist and lead character, Jin Kazama.
Before releasing the game in the Arcades, franchise developer Namco released images of three new characters as part of their Tekken 5 promotions back in 2004. Amongst the new characters were Asuka, a Chinese kenpo-user named Feng Wei, and a mysterious ninja named Raven. Immediately afterward, speculation began to spread about Asuka's role in the story and her possible relation to Jin Kazama.
Asuka is surprisingly brash and arrogant. Though, her profile states that she breaks up fights regularly, she seems to have no qualms about fighting herself and even seemingly revels in it. In her story mode, after defeating her target, Feng Wei, she decides to remain in the tournament in order to "have fun". Her pre and post-match quotes also demonstrate her confidence. As stated in her Tekken 5 / Dark Resurrection prologue, Asuka is also known as being a "nosy kid" who likes to solve other people's problems, "usually by knockout".
It is also worth noting that Asuka speaks with a very heavy Kansai Japanese dialect (Kansai is a region of western Japan encompassing the cities of Kyoto, Osaka, and Kobe).
One awkward bit of fan speculation addresses a potential romantic relationship between Jin and Asuka Kazama, which several fans have formulated after viewing the circumstances of the two first encounter. However, there is little to suggest that such a pairing may actually occur, despite the conditions of their meeting often used as a setup for many romantic couples in several popular forms of Japanese media. She is the rival of Emilie "Lili" De Rochefort, or simply Lili.
Asuka is related to Jun Kazama.
Games in order of appearance:
- Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
- Prologue (In-Game Text)
- Asuka Kazama. She was taught Kazama-Style Martial Arts by her fater. She was known as a nosy kid who liked to fix other peoples' problems, usually by knockout. Asuka came home one day to find that an uknown man had destroyed the dojo and put her father into hospital. A detective from Hong Kong tells her the man will be in The King of Iron First Tournament 5. This one's personal.
- Interludes (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Stage 4 Feng Wei: Asuka runs into Feng Wei and asks him if he has seen a "strange Chinese Kenpo fighter," not realizing that he is the one who she is talking to. Asuka begins to describe him. She realizes that she is talking to Feng Wei. He introduces himself. Asuka claims that he is her father's sworn enemy, and then the two begin to fight. After she wins she is exhausted after the fight with Feng. She admits that he is strong, but not strong enough for her. She then decides to stay in the Tournament, after she has avenged her father, to "have some fun."
- Final Stage Jinpachi Mishima: Devil Jin is shown fighting Jinpachi Mishima. Frustrated, Devil Jin yells that he will take everything, running over to Jinpachi; however, Jinpachi easily knocks him out of the way. Asuka sees this and realizes that she will have to defeat Jinpachi herself.
- Ending (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Asuka defeats Jinpachi Mishima, who dissolves into dust. Meanwhile, the advanced effects of Devil Jin's transformation disappear (the horns and the wings are gone), leaving a half-transformed Jin. Asuka rushes to Jin and tries to revive him, wondering what she should do. Though she is unaware of it, her touch undoes the final remnants of the Devil Jin transformation, and Jin wakes up in his human state. Alarmed at his unfamiliar surroundings, Jin tries to stand up quickly, tripping over Asuka and landing face-first between her breasts, making them bigger with a "boing" sound effect. Enough time passes for a small rock to roll to the ground before Jin finally sits up. Asuka, embarrassed at first, immediately turns angry and demands Jin to explain himself. Jin, however, seems to be completely oblivious to the moment and continues to wonder where he is. Believing this to be a front, Asuka angrily power-punches Jin into a large rock, calling him a pervert as she does this, and then she stomps away angrily, leaving Jin to ask, "What was that all about?" Immediatly after, a rock ironically falls on his head and knocks him out.
- Asuka's sub-boss is Feng Wei, the unknown Chinese man that destroyed her father's dojo and injured him and his students.
- She is Feng Wei's and Devil Jin's sub boss.
- Asuka has two alternative costumes. Both of them are bought simultaneously for 500,000 gold. One is a schoolgirl uniform, selectable by pressing the "Triangle" button, and the other is a geisha-like outfit, selectable by pressing the "Circle" button. In Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, these costumes are available from the start of the game, without having to purchase them.
- Asuka's geisha-like outfit also gives her a tattoo on her inner left thigh that says 通天閣 (Tsuutenkaku). "Tsuutenkaku" is the name of a famous tower in Osaka, Asuka's hometown, and it may have been the one that Asuka jumped off of during the Tekken 5 opening.
- Like several other characters, Asuka has a secret move. Asuka's secret move will only work against Jin Kazama and it is called "Asuka's Ultimate Tackle".
- In Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, one of Asuka's customization items is Jun Kazama's hairstyle. She also has knee-high socks that are very similar to the ones that Jun wears with her Player One costume, with the only difference being that Asuka's are navy blue, while Jun's are pale blue.
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
- Prologue (In-Game Text)
- Asuka participated in The King of Iron First Tournament 5 in order to fight Feng Wei, who had sent her father to the hospital, but was unable to find him. Lei Wulong, who had also been after Feng, returned to Hong Kong, leaving Asuka with feelings of discontent over the lack of closure. Nevertheless, Asuka's life had gradually returned to normal. However, those peaceful days quickly fell apart after conflict engulfed the globe. After learning that the leader of the Mishima Zaibatsu and the man behind the chaos, Jin Kazama, is a relative, Asuka decides to enter The King of Iron First Tournament 6 to defeat him.
- Ending (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Asuka is hastily peddling her bike. She exclaims that she's going to be late for school. As she is about to seemingly careen into the place (may or may not be Mishima High), Lili's limousine appears out of nowhere. Asuka screams and crashes her bike, making her lunch fall to the ground. Lili gets out of the limo in her Monegasque school uniform, and states that her first day at school is completely ruined. Asuka angrily shouts at her, "Are you some sort of idiot?!" Then the two of them engage in a fight, exchanging powerful blows at each other. Lili's driver quickly get's out of the limousine from the front passenger's side and runs away for his life.
- She retains her Player One and Player Two outfits from Tekken 5. Her schoolgirl outfit has also returned, but as a customization item. She also gains a Matsuri outfit that is traditionally worn in Japanese festivals as a customization item. It consists of a vest with cords tied on the sleeves and the back, with a bra top underneath, shorts, and knee-high, boot-like, open-toed sandals. Several customized versions of the vest have been seen, with different colors and designs.
- Asuka's Item Moves are a giant white paper fan, sacred bow and naginata.
- On the official North American Tekken 6 website, Asuka was incorrectly stated as being Jin's half-sister, despite them not sharing a biological parent. While they are related, they are 'only' cousins. This has since been corrected on the North American website, but the error is still present on the European website.
Spin-offs and Related Games
Asuka will be featured as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a non-canonical Tekken game containing no plot.
In the middle of the street, several men appear to challenge each other to a fight. Asuka intervenes and, having recognised her, the thugs back off in fear. They all apologize to her and she tries to get them to shake hands. However, she catches them staring at her cleavage and loses her temper, knocking several of them flying into the air. One of the remaining thugs mentions she is the "Gang Mediator" and can be annoying. Asuka kicks the thug and says she dislikes being called annoying. She then hears shouting from elsewhere and rushes off to sort them out, leaving the thugs behind to "play nice".
- In the Tekken Tag Tournament 2 reveal trailer she is shown fighting alongside Jin against Kazuya and Leo, making her one of the first confirmed characters.
- She and her cousin Jin have a special win pose if they are paired together : Asuka is shown offering some kind of "good teamwork" hand to Jin, who instead of answering with shaking her hand, does not respond to her and walks away.
- Asuka's Tekken Tag Tournament 2 CG Art pose is similar to Chun-Li's Street Fighter IV pose.
- In the teaser there is a joke image of Asuka and Lili vowing never to team up and later another image was made but with Lee replacing Lili
- She has a special win pose with Devil Jin where she will duck Devil Jin fires a laser at her 
- She has a special continue screen with Lili where the two will repeatedly slap each other until Asuka finally knocks Lili down.
- Her item move has her slam the ground with a hammer while the shockwave hits the opponent.
- Alisa and Panda make cameo appearances in Asuka's ending.
- Appears in the endings of Lili, Feng Wei and Lars Alexanderson.
- She has a tag throw with Jun when she will perform Cherry Blossom, but instead of the opponent falling on the ground, Jun will grab the opponent and the two of them will perform a double Aiki Nage.
- She has a special tag throw with Lili when she performs Cherry Blossom and Lili jumps from Asuka's shoulder and grinds her heel into the opponents back.
- She has a special tag throw with Alisa when she performs Cherry Blossom and Alisa runs up the opponent's back, knocking them down and she will double foot stomp them.
- She has a special tag throw Jaycee when she'll perform Cherry Blossom and Jaycee will perform a shooting star press.
Story(In-game text)  Despite heated arguments and battles with Asuka Kazama in the past, Lili appears before her rival. She haughtily requests that Asuka accompany her to the Antarctica, as she plans on retrieving Pandora for her father
Lili: Your primitive violent tendencies will be an excellent complement to my refined fighting prowess
Asuka: What the hell kinda invitation was that? You wanna fight or something?
Refusing Lili's offer was easy for Asuka but as news over Pandora began to grow she couldn't help but get excited, and eventually accepted Lili's offer
Asuka: Fine, I'm coming, whatever... I wanna check this box out anyway. But we're not partners and we're not friends. We're just two people going to the same place, got it?
Lili:I knew you'd come around. Soon we will become the greatest fighting duo in the world!
Asuka:We're not a fighting duo! You're not even listening to me are you?
- In the E3 trailer of the game she was cloaked but her gauntlets were seen before she became playable
- Her official tag team partner is Lili. Their special intro has Asuka saying that she will start off however Lili knocks her fist back insisting that she will start. Asuka reasserts herself with Lili finally saying "Right. Let's pummel them" while knocking back Asuka's hand and moving in front of her
- Asuka's name is written as 風間 飛鳥 (Kazama Asuka) in Kanji and as かざま あすか (Kazama Asuka) in Hiragana.
- The kanji individually mean: (風 kaza) wind; (間 ma) space between something or a gate; (飛 asu) to fly; (鳥 ka) bird.
- Asuka was named after the river Asuka in Nara-ken. Katsuhiro Harada's parents live near there.
- Asuka is voiced by Ryoko Shiraishi, who also voiced as Kaede Nagase in Ken Akamatsu's manga, Negima.
- She speaks with an Osakan Kansai dialect.
- Asuka has been in the opening intro of every Tekken game so far since her debut.
- It is revealed in Alisa's journal that Asuka is a substitute teacher at her father's dojo.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken she along with Lili and Hwoarang are the only characters that use their Player 2 costume unlike everyone else who uses their Player 1 costume
|Pre-fight Quotes||Win Quotes|
|Don't hold anything back.||You're all show.|
|Let's get this over with.||Come on! Next!|
|Come and get me!||That's the lesson for today.|
|You sure? You sure you wanna fight me?||Man, you're weak.|
|You're gonna get hurt!|
|You asked for it.||You're all show.|
|Let's get this over with.|
|You're so gonna remember this beating!|
|I'm going first! (…) Yeah yeah whatever! let’s do this!|
- Has a currently unnamed father.
- Related to Jun Kazama and Jin Kazama
- Rival of Lili with whom she defeated during The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 and is her official tag partner for Street Fighter x Tekken
- Has a grudge against Feng Wei for destroying her father's dojo and putting him in the hospital.
- Was informed of Feng Wei's participation in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 by Lei Wulong.
- Fought against Street Fighter's Cammy White and Chun-Li alongside Lili in a trailer for Street Fighter x Tekken