Emilie De Rochefort
|Emilie "Lili" De Rochefort|
|Voiced By||Joy Jacobson (T5:DR, T6/T6:BR,
Laura Blanc (TTT2)
Asami Seto (SFxTK)
|Age||16 (T5:DR, T6/T6:BR, TTT2)|
|Height||173 cm (5' 8")|
|Weight||56 kg (123 lbs)|
|Occupation||High school student|
|Hobby||Taking part in street fighting tournaments, and helping her father.|
Asuka Kazama (T6-onwards)
Seeing her father pleased
|Dislikes||Asuka Kazama (T5DR)
Mishima Zaibatsu and its new CEO (T6)
Seeing her father upset
- 1 Introduction
- 2 History
- 3 Spin-offs and Related Games
- 4 Other Media
- 5 Videos
- 6 Character Trivia
- 7 Character Relationships
- 8 Notes
Emilie De Rochefort (エミリ・ド・ロシュフォール Emiri do Roshufōru), better known under her nickname, Lili (リリ Riri), was introduced in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and has returned for all subsequent titles. When she debuted, Lili was described as a rich girl from Monaco, who uses her skills in dance to fight in her own "street fighting" style. Lili has become one of the most popular characters in the series despite her relatively recent introduction to the series.
Lili’s story in the Tekken series is more personal, and a bit distant from the central plot. Kidnapped at an early age, Lili became interested in street fighting when she managed to take out one of her captors. Lili's main reason for entering the Tournaments, aside from her desire to fight, is primarily due to her deep love for her father, a wealthy oil magnate in Monaco, who seems to be having some business troubles because of the Mishima Zaibatsu. She is often accompanied by her butler, Sebastian.
However, her rivalry with fellow competitor Asuka Kazama, the girl who defeated her in the previous tournament, also seems to be one of the main focus of her storyline. While Lili is determined to get her revenge, Asuka's focus seem to be on a different matter. Although both females are proud and capable in a fight, Lili seems more reserved and quietly confident, the opposite of Asuka, who is often more brash and arrogant. Lili also shows characteristics ranging from elegance and gracefulness, to belittlement and, to an extent, sadism.
Her "street fighting" style appears to mix moves from classical dance and/or ballet. This style is characterized by many dancelike and gymnastic maneuvers - graceful spins, tumbles, and pirouettes, and versatile cartwheels and handstands. This fighting style is probably self-learned and self-developed by Lili herself, since her father, who loathes violence, would never allow her to practice any sort of formal martial arts training. This is why some of her moves often reflect her background and personality. Her techniques are among the most graceful, fluid, entertaining to watch, and infuriating to fight against, in the game.
Lili is a sixteen year-old teenager with light blue eyes and long honey-blonde Hime cut-styled hair, trimmed with perfectly level bangs and straight-cut side locks, and wears a white lace-frilled short dress. Lili's hairstyle, her trademark outfit, and all of her customizations feature a heavy "Lolita"  theme, and it complements Lili to such perfection, as the Lolita subcultures strive for elegance, grace, and beauty just as she strives for in her battles.
- See main article, Outfits (Emilie De Rochefort).
Games in order of appearance:
- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (2005)
- Tekken 6 (2007)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (2011)
- Tekken 3D Prime Edition (2012)
- Tekken Revolution (2013)
- Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos (2011)
- Street Fighter X Tekken (2012)
- Digimon World Re:Digitize (2012)
Lili is mostly a setup character. Since her coming in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, she has been labeled as one of the infamous "mashing"-style characters, along with Eddy Gordo and Christie Monteiro. Although this is partially true, mashing is not the best way of maximizing her potential. Offense is generally geared toward baiting hits to crush (attacks with dodge properties), moving opponents towards walls where they can't back dash to escape, and setting up Lili’s formidable okizeme (wake-up games). With the right forethought and a bad move or two by your opponent, you could easily keep someone struggling to stand up almost the entire fight. Lili is a fast character with decent offensive tools, but you’ll have trouble moving in on and opening up turtles.
Lili is an easy, relatively powerful character that many new players pick up, due to her "attractive" animations. Lili's place in the tier is widely agreed in mid to high-mid. Her lack of tracking moves, lows, and range forces her to forfeit a place in the top tier.
- See main article, Strategy (Emilie De Rochefort).
- Prologue (In-Game Text)
- Lili, the only daughter of a wealthy oil magnate in Monaco. Four years ago, she was captured and held ransom for that very reason. While in captivity, she struggled violently to free herself, taking out one of her captors. That fight triggered her hunger for battle. However, Lili's father was a good hearted man who hated conflict. "I don't want Father to be upset with me... but I also want to fight." Lili could no longer control her urge to fight. Under the guise of a simple vacation, she used the family's private jet to take part in street fighting tournaments around the world. One day, she receives an invitation to a certain fighting tournament from an opponent she defeated in San Francisco. Lili soon realizes that the host of this tournament was none other than the Mishima Zaibatsu, the main source of her father's problems. She decides to enter the tournament and put an end to her father's business troubles.
- Interludes (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Stage 4 Ganryu: Walking through the Autumn Temple with a hand on her hip, Lili states how breathtaking the place was, and how much she really likes it. Ganryu appears behind her, holding a map and is noticeably lost. Noticing Lili, he asks for directions. Lili gets distracted by his robust eyebrows, and compares it to her father's. She then remained focused on her plan to defeat the Mishima. A fight between the two ensues. After Lili wins, Ganryu is shown unconscious, with his head face-up in Lili's lap. Lili states that although Ganryu has strapping face, he's not very good. Lili starts laughing.
- Final Stage Jinpachi Mishima: Walking through the Inferno, Jinpachi Mishima, in his "Devil" form, appears behind her. Lili notices him and turns around. Jinpachi states his name, and Lili, knowing his relation to the Mishima, declares a fight, for the sake of her father.
- Ending (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Lili and Sebastian celebrate her victory over the Mishimas, with Sebastian emotionally dabbing at his eyes with a handkerchief and Lili bursting into laughter at the thought of how pleased her father will be when he learns of the collapse of the Mishima empire. Lili's chauffeur, waiting in a limousine, turns on an in-car television to discover that Rochefort Enterprises has declared bankruptcy after a main trading partner, the Mishima Zaibatsu, collapsed. The chauffeur is visibly shocked at this. Lili, however, is blissfully unaware and still laughing. The chauffeur flees the scene.
- Lili's ascot tie in her Player Two outfit was originally windblown, a detail removed somewhat in later games.
- The man Lili defeated in order to obtain her invitation to the The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 bears a striking resemblance to Forest Law in his Player One outfit. However, it has yet to be confirmed who this man actually is.
- One of Lili's customization item is that of having the "Prince of All Cosmos" from Katamari Damacy  on her head.
- Another customization item is the ringlet hairstyle of Karin Kanzuki from the Street Fighter  series, a character with whom she shares many similarities. Even more so, if her Player Two outfit is changed to a completely red color, she appears to look almost like Karin.
- Lili can be customized to somewhat resembleElisabeth "Sissi" Delma, a character from the France-produced animated television series Code Lyoko . All that is needed are three customizations: Bustier (pink), Punk Style (purple is the best color for it), and Black Hair.
As a character, she is considered to be one of the best side steppers in the game. She has relatively simple combos, has a wide range and versatility in her juggles, and has amazing damage. There are several wall-carry distance variant combos, safe wall-splat moves near walls, and max-damage combos for stages with no walls, with high okizeme off of each one. Each successful throw or launch can also potentially result in a full-on relaunch.
Setting up her offense is pretty straight forward. Direct Persuasion (df+1) allows you to jab quickly or sidestep afterward, then launch with standard launchers Orleans Sword (df+2) or Capricorn Kick (uf+3). The safe Bed Time (2,4) knocks down, wall splats and does high damage. Lows include the confusing, dash-input Root of Evil (ff+4), and Thorn Whip (d+3) which is faster. Some moves have crush properties, the safe far-reaching Backflip (df+3+4) launcher crushes lows, and the far-reaching hit-confirm Rose Pique (qcf+1,2) crushes several highs. Both Edelweiss (db+4) and Matterhorn Ascension (d3+4) easily crush highs and some mids for an insane damaging juggle.
For mix-ups, the safe dash-input Alstroemeria (ff+3) launcher crushes lows and is almost indistinguishable from Root of Evil. In her Back Turn stance, Orchid Ring (BT d+3+4) crushes lows, with safe Tempest (BT 1+2) launcher. In these mix-ups, your opponent is forced to guess, as they either get launched or take fairly decent damage. Circle Knee (f+3) catches sidesteppers. Against turtles, Cloisonne (qcf+3+4) will guard stun if blocked, leaving them in a big disadvantage. Submissive Heel (df+3) will crouch block stun and launches on Counter Hit.
While she does have good ways to attack and launch your opponent, an opponent with good defense may give you trouble. With only a few poking attacks and no fast, threatening low, she will have to sometimes take risks to get damage in. Root of Evil is not as fast as it seems, Thorn Whip does not do much damage, and Horizon Slide (FC df+4) is even slower than both of them. Her attacks with crushing abilities like Rose Pique and Capricorn Kick are both unsafe and Edelweiss, while it will give a nice juggle on hit, is horrible on block. Some of her moves are also very linear, as most of her rushdown game can be stepped or walked pretty easily.
Letting your opponent know that you can dish out a ton of damage at anytime is one of the things you must prove to your opponent while playing Lili. Keeping a steady and smart offense is good, even though sometimes you'll risk throwing out an unsafe launcher for high risk, but high reward.
- Prologue (In-Game Text)
- Lili entered The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 without her father's knowledge, and was beaten by Asuka Kazama. To add insult to injury, her father soon discovered that Lili had entered the tournament. Prohibited from leaving home, Lili was unable to take revenge on Asuka. It was then that her father's oil fields were taken over by the Mishima Zaibatsu. The company fell into disarray, and Lili's father collapsed due to stress. Lili was concerned for her father's well being. She figured that if she could get back his oil fields that had been stolen by the Mishima Zaibatsu, she would be able to relieve her father's anxiety. While she was formulating her plans, the Mishima Zaibatsu announced The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Unable to pass up such an opportunity, Lili enters the tournament in order to help her father.
- Ending (Unofficial Synopsis)
- Asuka is hastily peddling her bike. She exclaims that she's going to be late for school, as she is about to seemingly careen into the place, Lili's limousine appears out of nowhere. Asuka screams and crashes her bike, making her lunch fall to the ground. Lili gets out of the limo in her school uniform and goads Asuka into a fight, stating that she's finally found her but their reunion will be short-lived. The two exchange fast punches after Asuka calls Lili an idiot for messing with others' food. After they move off-camera, Sebastian gets out of the car, unaware of the situation, and says "Brilliant. She's already making friends. I'm so proud of her." A close-up of Lili's smiling face is shown.
- Scenario Campaign, "An Extravagant Gift" (Unofficial Synopsis)
- In the Scenario Campaign, Lili is a boss at the Queen's Harbor. After the player defeats her, she encounters Lars and Alisa, having done some research on him. She gives them a vehicle to use. Lili tells them that someone gave it to her, but she cannot stand it and considers it hideous. Before she heads back to Monaco, and expressing her lament over not being able to have a rematch with Asuka Kazama, Lili tells Lars to make sure he finishes off Jin Kazama, or else she'll "kill" him. As she leaves, Lars states that he'll try not to let her down.
- Lili's Stage 1 and Stage 2 opponents in Scenario Campaign's "Arena" mode are Alisa Bosconovitch and Lars Alexandersson.
- If you are playing the Scenario Campaign yourself (as Lili or any other character besides Lars, Asuka and Alisa), you'll find out that the Rochefort family is so wealthy that they own a large oil tanker. In the stage, you fight several female bodyguards (using Nina's fighting style) employed by her father.
- Lili's Item Move is her "Headdress" (d/b+1+2) that gives her a new grab move in which she flips over her opponent, strikes them with her butt, then starts waving with one of her hands while the other is behind her back. The other item is her "Devilish shorts", where she summons tiny penguins to attack the opponent.
- Lili has an alternate costume only for the console version. It can be customized without the veil and with different colors.
- Lili can be customized to resemble a jockey, a high school student, and a somewhat devilish joker.
- Lili can also be customized to resemble the following: Angel with angel wings (at 2:06), Karin Kanzuki and C. Viper from Street Fighter, Tifa Lockheart from Final Fantasy VII, Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers, Amy Sorel from Soul Calibur IV, Yoko from Gurren Lagaan, Konata Izumi from Lucky Star, Sailor Moon from Sailor Moon, Misa Amane from Death Note, Orihime Inoue from Bleach and Moka Akashiya / Inner Moka from Rosario+Vampire.
Spin-offs and Related Games
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a non-canonical Tekken game containing no plot.
- This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
- Lili speaks her native French language for the first time in game.
- In the first teaser trailer at TGS 2010, an artwork of Lili and Asuka was shown, and they vowed to never team-up in the tournament. Later another image was added, this time with Street Fighter's Ingrid replacing Asuka.
- In the official Arcade opening movie, Lili is shown spying on a fight from a balcony using ability-scanning binoculars, presumably to gather the fighters' weaknesses, when she saw Jun Kazama, who she tried to scan, until Jun destroyed her binoculars, presumably from telekinesis.
- Lili also has a special team victory pose with Asuka Kazama, where they gave each other a high-five, but ended up hurting each other.
- Lili has a special team throw with Asuka Kazama where she will perform "Rafflessia" Asuka will knock the opponent in the air and the two will attack simultaneously .
- Lili has a special team throw with Leo Kliesen where she will perform "Rafflessia" and then Leo will perform "Shuang Pai Shou".
- She has a special tag throw with Xiaoyu when she will perform Rafflesia and Xiaoyu performs Crank Up.
- Her item move has her put a bomb on the opponent's hand.
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
Story (Official Site)
The daughter of a world-famous oil czar. She has a haughty, arrogant attitude but also has a penchant for fighting, and thus when she finds the time she engages in street fights. She suffered a bitter defeat at the hands of Asuka Kazama in a tournament, and since then Lili has viewed her as a rival. For the sake of her father, she teams up with Asuka to retrieve the mysterious box located in the Antarctic.
- Prologue (In-game text)
Despite heated arguments and battles with Asuka Kazama in the past, Lili appears before her rival. She haughtily requests that Asuka accompany her to the Antarctica, as she plans on retrieving Pandora for her father
Lili: "Your primitive violent tendencies will be an excellent complement to my refined fighting prowess."
Asuka: "What the hell kinda invitation was that? You wanna fight or something?"
Refusing Lili's offer was easy for Asuka but as news over Pandora began to grow she couldn't help but get excited, and eventually accepted Lili's offer
Asuka: "Fine, I'm coming, whatever... I wanna check this box out anyway. But we're not partners and we're not friends. We're just two people going to the same place, got it?"
Lili: "I knew you'd come around. Soon we will become the greatest fighting duo in the world!"
Asuka: "We're not a fighting duo! You're not even listening to me are you?"
- In the Character Reveal Trailer at E3 2011, Lili was briefly shown, as seen by her trademark white boots and frilled skirt (at 0:05), along with the brief appearance of Asuka Kazama, as seen by her trademark gloves (at 2:29). In the trailer, Chun-li and Cammy seems to be fighting them.
- Lili was the Tekken character that was teased in the twelfth teaser trailer, released on September 1, 2011.
- Lili's title is "Platinum Grace", and with Asuka, their duo title is "Princess and Pauper".
- Their special intro has Asuka say that she will start off however Lili knocks her fist back insisting that she will start. Asuka reasserts herself with Lili finally saying "Right. Let's pummel them" while knocking back Asuka's hand and moving in front of her.
- She along with with Asuka and Hwoarang are the only Tekken characters that use their Player 2 costume instead of their player one costume in Street Fighter X Tekken.
Lili is featured as a playable guest character in the PSP game, "Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos", which was released on July 28, 2011.
- This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
- Lili is voiced by Rina Satō, who also voiced as main character Negi Springfield in Ken Akamatsu's manga, Negima.
- Lili is featured in an illustration book called Queen's Gate Lili from the Queen's Blade franchise. She is illustrated by Meiwa Morita.
Lili is featured as a guest character in the PSP game, "Digimon World Re:Digitize", which will be released on July 19, 2012.
New challenger Lili, originally from the Tekken fighting series, has taken an interest in battling digital monsters. In the game, Lili is addicted to the online game Digital Monsters and will challenge players with her trained Numemon and Monzaemon, who strikes opponents with Lovely Attack. Her butler Sebastian also gets in on the action with his trained Angemon.
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
Lili is featured in the free-to-play online game Tekken Revolution as one of the starting eight characters. As with the rest of the cast, her appearance and moveset are carried over directly from Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Special Art/Critical Arts
Broken Heart: 1+2.
Rose Pique: QCF+1,2.
Story (Unofficial Synopsis)
During The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6, a war of global domination is being waged by corporations headed by father and son, Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama. This story focuses primarily on Asuka Kazama, a young woman with a strong sense of justice, who was trained in the Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts. She's decided to take a stand against the damage her relative Jin is doing to the world. Lili first appears as an enemy, then later becomes one of the main characters as Asuka's companion.
- Leo Kliesen seems to be her personal assistant in the story, even though they have never actually met in any canonical Tekken game.
- Lili is currently the youngest (human) character in Tekken, as she was sixteen years old during the events of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. (Ling Xiaoyu was the only other character to debut at the age of sixteen).
- Lili is currently the tallest human female character in the game, standing at 5' 8". (Kunimitsu and Angel were the only other characters that were the same height and taller than Lili).
- Lili is the only character in Tekken who currently has long, untied hair (Christie Monteiro's hair had previously been untied in Tekken 4).
- Lili is possibly left handed, as she can be seen using her left hand in Tekken Bowling.
- Even though the official language of Monaco is French and her last name is of French origin, Lili speaks English. As of Tekken Tag Tournament2, Lili now speaks in French.
- Her looks can be used as a customization in Soul Calibur IV's Create-A-Soul mode.
- A Maxim model named Natalie starred as Lili in the Tekken Maxim Photoshoot for the Maxim magazine.
- Lili has recently appeared on the cover of a Play Magazine "Girls of Gaming" issue, where she is shown wearing a bikini.
- Lili somewhat bears a resemblance to Dead or Alive's Hitomi Bezwinger and Street Fighter's Karin Kanzuki. Unlike Karin, however, Lili is kinder and more good-spirited.
|(Laughs). You surely don't believe...you can beat me?||Sebastian, they say they're leaving already.|
|My battles...are for my father.||(Sighs). Sebastian, can't you do better than this?|
|This is a great place to fight, don't you think?||Please don't tell my father.|
|How long can you stand my attacks?||It's time for my afternoon tea. Farewell!|
|_||The moment of victory. I love it!|
|Et qui es-tu au juste?
(And just who might you be?)
|Je peux régler ça toute seule.
(I can do this by myself.)
|I'll be done with you before tea time.||Your hand and your head just...! Wh-what was that? And what are you?|
|I'll handle this. (…) Right. Let's pummel them.||We are not through yet, Asuka Kazama! Not until I say we're through! Get up and fight!|
|It's a bit foolish to say you have the perfect body. I can find many faults with it, starting with the hideous belly.|
|You sir, are not very skilled in combat. It's a wonder you were able to survive this long.|
|How was that? I can also fight with style, no? (Vs Christie)|
|I will take care of anyone with the Mishima name! I do this for my father! (Vs Heihachi)|
|Perhaps you were mistaken. It was I who would be dishing out the punishment, not you.|
|Oh my, I would love to have one of you in my personal army!|
|Jin Kazama! That beating was punishment for putting my father through such cruelty!|
|We place elegance and refinement above all else in our family household. (Vs Julia)|
|If you dare stand in my father's way, I will not hold back! Prepare yourself for the worst!|
|I do not understand how you can wear such a gaudy mask around in public and not feel a bit of shame.|
|That fur of yours is harder than I had imagined. I'm a bit disappointed.|
|You dare not lay a hand on me because I'm a woman? How wonderfully naive. That was your downfall.|
|My apologies, but I simply detest spicy dishes. Do you not have any sweets for me to eat?|
|To change styles like that in battle is a common trait among the fickle. (Vs Lei)|
|Farewell, imposter. I must admit that I did enjoy that fight. (Vs herself)|
|Yaawwn... Oh, I'm truly sorry for that. It's just that you were so slow, I was beginning to fall asleep.|
|Not quite what I was expecting from you. I suppose time has not been very kind to you... Auntie.|
|That was honestly a fierce battle. You were surprisingly strong.|
|Are you awake now? Good. Then welcome to reality.|
|You are simply insufficient. Perhaps you should conjure up some more clones for me to battle.|
|You are far too weak to do battle with me. Or perhaps it is me who is far too strong for you?|
|Did you honestly believe you could stop me?|
|You do not have to show restraint against me. It would not be a thrilling match if you did.|
- Mr. Rochefort is her yet-unnamed father, mentioned in her prologues and win quotes.
- Sebastian is her butler.
- Asuka Kazama's self-proclaimed rival, whom she was defeated by in Tekken 5, is also her official tag partner in Street Fighter x Tekken. (Non-canon)
- Ling Xiaoyu and Panda interrupted her rematch with Asuka Kazama (in Panda's Tekken 6 ending).
- Jin Kazama, the new CEO of Mishima Zaibatsu, claimed her father's oil fields in Tekken 6, prompting her to participate in the Tournament.
- Hwoarang and Lili was seen teaming up against Jin Kazama in a non-canon teaser for Tekken 6.
- Lars Alexandersson was given a vehicle from her in the Scenario Campaign mode of Tekken 6.
- Leo Kliesen appeared in Online Tekken Comic as her personal assistant, along with Asuka Kazama and her unnamed father. (Non-canon)
- Street Fighter's Cammy White and Chun-Li fought against Lili and Asuka in a cinematic trailer for Street Fighter x Tekken. (Non-canon)