Leo a female?
Why do people keep on saying that Leo is a female? Leo looks and sounds like a male, so I can't really see Leo being a female. Plus, Zafina is a female and is a new character, and Namco has never released a Tekken game and introduced two new female characters and no new male characters. But there is a first time for everything. JunKazamaFan 23:07, 23 March 2007 (CDT)
- (S)He is fairly ambiguous in the trailer, I guess until we have more information we'll leave the article gender neutral. Samuel 07:07, 24 March 2007 (CDT)
Why the heck did they give a MALE name to a female character? O_O
- Maybe it's the same principle as King from SNK games: for some reason she decided to conceal herself under a male persona. Now, what reason is that, only time and Namco will tell.
Her name is Eleonore. it fits the stars of the name at the bottom right []
- Despite me strongly believing that Leo is a female, Leonardo also fits the stars. Just look at it from both sides. --Youri
this IP address (18.104.22.168) has just updated Leo's Stats box with this info...
Fighting Style Karate
Blood Type AB
Weight 185 lbs
Occupation German student
sadly as this isn't a registered user i can't inquire with this person got this info, becasue from watching the trailer, and Jin Kazama using karate, is this information true/too earily to confirm?Nitronia 00:53 12th April 2007 (GMT)
- I'd say so. I just finished removing that information. JunKazamaFan 04:28, 12 April 2007 (CDT)
Is it worth adding that according to the katakana on the Official Tekken 6 website (レオ), it would seem Leo's name is pronounced Lay-oh and not Lee-oh?
- Yes, I think so. JunKazamaFan 01:42, 24 August 2007 (PDT)
In German it would be pronounced more like 'lay-oh', although not quite.
Kazuya Killed Her Mother?
Linking to Kazuya and Kazuya killing her mother is way different .... saying it directly is the same as saying Jin killed Miguel's sister w/c Jin did not (though Kazuya actually does kill ppl w/ his bear hands it is not yet directy stated or confirmed)ALLmasked
there still a small chance that Leo's mom isn't in the division that kazuya killed , though its rarely coincidencial that theese deaths occured in tekken 6 , i guess we can assume that he did kill her. ALLmasked
Nope, there is no evidence that her first name is "Leona". - KevlarX290
Yes, we a back to this issue. There is still ambiguity about the true gender of Leo, since the official Japanese site doesn't mention Leo's gender in the bio and the official US site have fucked up translating several other bios as well, so trusting that as a valid source for the time being would just be stupid. An [ anon recently claimed] that Famitsu and Arcadia both claimed that Leo was male. I have been unable to find the issues or proof substantiating that claim, so can anyone provide me with those issue numbers? --Hecko 12:38, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- I found them. Indeed, they state he is male. While there's still the possibility that it may be an error on the magazine's side due to the ambiguity from Namco (or that it may be intentional to screw with people's heads even more), I cannot say, but I think it would be better to stick with this for now and then change it back to female if it is later discovered to be an error. --Hecko 12:59, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Watch this video and tell me what you think: [ Watch 0:21-0:31 and 2:27-2:42 --Tekken-EX 00:09, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
Well, i was curious about this, so i did some experimenting in the character design and came to the conclusion that Leo is in fact a female. Leo, in custimization mode, can get to, knee long pigtails, as all the other male characters in the game cant. This being said, shows that more or less Leo is slanted to the female side of the gender. He(r) voice is a bit husky, but the facial features and posture say it all. (s)He has rather plump limps compared to all the other men in the series. Not only that, (s)he has feminie eyes. Not to mention the back to the camera turn and thumbs up while winking. All this looks and seems more like Feminite features. and well you can deny that (s)he has a chest, though in the white suit outfit you really cant tell, but in the red white and black outfit, its rather noticeable.-- That~Guy
Looking at Leo's pendant I thought it had a slight similarity to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mjölnir Thor's hammer. read the section under modern usage. Leo may be a neopagan, or he may just really like heavy metal, or it may not even be Mjölnir at all. Discuss, I made this account for the sole purpose of posting this, since I didn't know when the next person who could draw the lines would see it. FYI, I myself am German, That's why It struck my fancy. It could be all a coincidence, and we'll probably never know.
One more thing, Leo's pendant is more rounded than most Thor's hammer pendants. It looks more Finnish, than German.
- Leo's pendant looks drastically different from Mjöllnir pendants: file:Leo_t-6_wallpaper_2.JPG. Rounder, thinner, longer, spiked instead of blunt, etc. So while not impossible that they simply changed the design so they could sell it as merchandise without being sued, I find it unlikely that it should be Mjöllnir. --Hecko 11:16, 7 December 2009 (UTC)
This truth of Leo's gender
- This is a offical debate that was on Katsuhiro Harada's offical facebook page.
Leo is definitely a girl!
LEO IS A MAN FOR GOD SAKE TO PROVE IT DO HEIHACHI SPECIAL HEADBUTT GRAB F,F1+4 ON LEO THIS GRAB ONLY WORKS ON MALE CHARACTERS. WHAT MORE PROOF YOU NEED?? YOU WANT TO SEE LEO BALLS OR SOMETHING.
So Leo's a boy now im confused.
He was always a boy... go and play tekken now and DO HEIHACHI SPECIAL HEADBUTT GRAB F,F1+4 ON LEO THIS GRAB ONLY WORKS ON MALE CHARACTERS. WHAT MORE PROOF YOU NEED?
Leo is a tomboy! So she tries to act like a guy!
The debate begins
There is no debate FOLKS if you are tekken players i would hope then go and do heihachi move on LEO this move only WORKS on MALE Characters... you need to see leo balls for confirmation or somethimng? lol
We don't need to see her "balls" because we already can see a clear curve on her chest.
My friend do you play tekken? Are you even a hardcore player? DO you even know what i am talking about when i say heihachi headbutt f,f,1+4 ??????
Yes I do. She headbutts back! She's even in the Tekken booklet on the guys side. But still I say she's a girl! She is a tomboyish girl!
Okay, just to put it out there. Leo is a GIRL.Not even just that, look at the pair up in the TT2 trailer. Jin and Asuka. Kazuya and Leo. Male and female. Quit lying to your dam selves just beacuse you like using her as a character.
Leo is a female.
Defo male the people even Annouced it and yopu can make Leo whatever Gender you fancy. Some like as male some like as female. And Jin and all them guys has a slight curve because of thier muscle lines on their chest. Namco made Leo as a character so that you can choose the gender. XD They wanted a character that everyone liked regarless of gender.
- If you read the above topics, you'll see it's ALREADY been discussed that the site is unreliable since they also stated Jin and Asuka were half siblings instead of cousins. It's also been discussed that we will keep Leo as female until Harada/Namco themselves confirm Leo's gender. Besides, the official Japanese profile doesn't give Leo a gender, but instead uses Leo's name as the pronoun. --Youri
Is there even any proof of Leo's gender, if not then we must leave it alone until his/her true gender is revealed. 8:10 ThunderBeam707 December 29, 2010 (UTC)
- As I quote from the above discussion by the very respected mod Hecko "...but I think it would be better to stick with this for now and then change it back to female if it is later discovered to be an error." Please don't argue with his and possibly the whole site's desicion. Keep the pronouns as female until Leo's gender is confirmed by Harada/Namco. --Youri
Fine. 10:58 ThunderBeam707 December 29, 2010 (UTC)
I said I drop the whole Leo's gender situation here, but I saw a Leo's gender debate here, it's not official or anything but can any of you at least consider it? 3:10 ThunderBeam707 December 31, 2010 (UTC)