Tekken X Street Fighter
|Game modes||Single-player, multiplayer|
|Predecessor||Street Fighter X Tekken|
Work on Tekken X Street Fighter was hinted at when in an interview with CVG magazine Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada mentioned he would like to work on a crossover fighting game. Many speculated it would cross over with Sega's Virtua Fighter because of their similarity in graphics and gameplay. Further information was released on the July 24, 2010 at the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con during Capcom's "Street Fighter IV and Beyond" panel when Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono had his panel interrupted in a staged event by Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada to present the release of Tekken X Street Fighter developed by Namco Bandai and Street Fighter X Tekken developed by Capcom. These will become separate games that will both contain characters from Namco Bandai and Capcom's flagship fighting titles. With the introduction of next gen consoles such as Playstation 4 and Xbox One, Namco decided to push back the with the newer possibilities of having a version for these consoles.
During late 2014, Harada began revealing more information during an interview. He confirms that the base system of the game has been completed, but due to the unexpected announcement of Street Fighter 5, the game's reveal would have to be rescheduled as to not conflict with other games. He also stated that the development team is prioritizing Tekken 7, thus pushing back Tekken X Street Fighter's release and reveal.
On an interview, Harada clarified that Tekken X Street Fighter was not suffering developmental problems, but is postponed due to the release and development of other fighting games such as Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7. He states that he cannot commit to releasing it within the next two years due to the fighting game market's status, as well as to give people a "breather" in order to help further separate itself from Capcom's Street Fighter X Tekken.
During an interview from Famitsu, Harada stated that the game's cast, base system and character models and movelists were already decided from a long period of time. He reiterated that the game will be released when it won't interfere with the releases of other fighting games.
In April, 2016, Harada notes that development has paused for the game but has not entirely stopped.
- It's been speculated that a Tag element will be implemented in the same manner as Street Fighter X Tekken or Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- It will most likely hold Tekken's 3D style of fighting along with the "left punch, right punch, left kick, right kick' system as opposed to Street Fighter's 2.5D style fighting and "light, medium and heavy" system.
Unconfirmed characters and cameos
- Heihachi Mishima (Likely to appear since he appears in all canonical Tekken installments, there was also a joke video of him performing a Shoryuken)
- Jun Kazama (Harada stated that he wanted her in his version of the game)
- Lili (There is an edited picture of her and Ingrid on Harada's Tekken Twitter page)
- Nina Williams (Likely to appear since she's appeared in all canonical Tekken installments)
- Paul Phoenix (Likely to appear since he's appeared in all canonical Tekken installments, Ryu wore his gi at the Gamescom 2010 preview)
- Yoshimitsu (Likely to appear since he's appeared in all canonical Tekken installments)
- Akuma (Likely to appear since he's appeared in most Street Fighter installments.)
- Ingrid (There is an edited picture of her and Lili on Harada's Tekken Twitter page)
- Ken Masters (Likely to appear since he appeared in all Street Fighter installments)
- Sagat (Likely to appear since he's appeared in most Street Fighter installments)
Tekken X Street Fighter
|Main series||Tekken • Tekken 2 • Tekken 3 • Tekken 4 • Tekken 5 (DR) • Tekken 6 (BR) • Tekken 7 (FR)|
|Tag series||Tekken Tag Tournament • Tekken Tag Tournament 2|
|Other games||Tekken Card Challenge • Tekken Advance • Death by Degrees • Tekken Resolute • Tekken Hybrid • Tekken 3D: Prime Edition • Tekken Card Tournament • Tekken Revolution • Tekken Arena • Galaga: TEKKEN Edition • Tekken (Mobile)|
|Crossovers||Namco X Capcom • Street Fighter X Tekken • Tekken X Street Fighter|
|Films||Tekken: The Motion Picture • Tekken (2010 film) • Tekken: Blood Vengeance • Tekken 2: Kazuya's Revenge (2014 film)|