|Voiced By||N/A (Arcade), Richard Epcar (Scenario Campaign)|
|Dislikes||Jin Kazama/Devil Jin, Zafina, Lars Alexandersson, Kazuya Mishima|
Azazel (アザゼル Azazeru) was introduced in Tekken 6 and serves as the main antagonist and boss of the game. Azazel has its own stage called Azazel's Chamber. Azazel does not have an official Tekken 6 CG Art Image. It is the largest character in the history of the series, literally towering over its opponents. Due to Azazel's size, Azazel can't be thrown, but can throw its opponent (). Despite Azazel's size, Azazel can be juggled. Although nothing has been confirmed about this character, there is a lot of speculation about it. It is heavily rumored to be the creature that appears in the ice at the end of Sergei Dragunov's Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection ending.
In Tekken 6 arcade mode, there exists a golden version of Azazel. Currently, it is unknown how to actually face this version. Its moves appear to remain the same but are reportedly stronger. The reward for defeating it is 20,000 G and the reward for perfecting it is 2,000,000 g. This form also appears in Scenario Campaign after Final Battle with Jin Kazama/Devil Jin.
While Azazel doesn't block by itself, it does have auto-block properties most of the times even while performing special moves, making it extremely hard to hit in higher difficulties.
In Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion, Azazel's boulder-summoning move has been changed to a move where it summons boulders that are in the shapes of claws.
Games in order of appearance:
*Cameo as Card
**He can be seen and mentioned during in the Mishima Saga
Azazel is only playable when using a cheat device on the PSP version of the game. Azazel changes to a red/orange color as his health drains. Azazel appears has the ability to summon boulders from the ground to attack the opponent. It can summon numerous scarabs made of ice to attack the opponent. Azazel also has some moves that are similar to other bosses in the Tekken series, such as a stun (similar to Jinpachi Mishima's stun attack) and the ability to fire lasers (similar to Devil, Angel, and Devil Jin's laser attacks). Azazel also has the ability to curl up into a ball and roll towards the opponent to attack. He also possesses a tail sweep attack resembling Roger Jr.'s, however, he whips it twice in a row.
The clash of two evil stars will shake the world when they come into contact and inevitably, the two will unite with the sealed ancient evil being protected by her group, destroying the world. In Scenario Mode, playing as Kazuya Mishima, Jin Kazama, and Devil Jin, Azazel is said to have birth Kazuya and Jin within the world to awaken him and destroy the world. It is also hinted that Azazel maybe responsible for starting the Devil Gene within the Mishima family. On Twitter, fans asked creator of Tekken about the origin of the devil gene Katsuhiro Harada, have revealed on his twitter page that Azazel "is one of the roots of Devil", but the important thing to keep in mind is, "who was the first Mishima to contact devil?" it is unknown to what Harada meant by saying this.
This section is empty. You can help by expanding it.
- Azazel makes a cameo appearance in Tekken 7. He is seen briefly in the Mishima saga and he is also mentioned.
- Azazel (Hebrew: עזאזל) means that of who God strengthens. In some traditions, Azazel can also be the name of a fallen angel in Christian and Judaic texts.
- It's spirit was awoken from the contact between Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama, possessors of the Devil Gene. It was later given physical form from all the negative emotions caused by the war started by Jin. (in Scenario mode, while playing with Devil Jin against Azazel, it is revealed that Azazel started the Devil Gene).
- Zafina's people and ancestors were its 'prison keepers'.
- Presumed to be the evil force that reawakened Mokujin in Tekken 6.
- First defeated by Lars Alexandersson, and later killed by Jin Kazama in the Scenario Campaign.
- Defeated and killed by Jin Kazama