|Voiced By||Atsuko Tanaka|
|Fighting Style||Eskrima and Kickboxing|
|Occupation||Kick-boxer and Model (T7)|
|Likes||Her family, her country, the Tekken Force|
Josie Rizal (ja. ジョシー・リサール Jyoshi Risāru) is a character first introduced in Tekken 7 as part of the first set of time release characters. Prior to her official announcement, her render was leaked, and there were many speculations as to her origin. Many pointed to the Philippines due to the design and color scheming. Before her render was leaked, Harada had made a tweet considering a Filipino character for the game, exclaiming "Jollibee" in the process. According to Harada, her constant crying is due to her previous backstory. Mad Catz's Markman was also consulted heavily in order to create her design.
Her character design was drawn by Mari Shimazaki.
Games in order of appearance:
- Tekken 7 (2015)
She has multiple moves and animations that were originally seen from Bruce Irvin. Whether the two are connected by story or if this was a mere coincidence is unknown.
Story (Official Website)
Josie Rizal tried her best to support her family by balancing two jobs. One as a model, and one as a professional kickboxer. One day, while she was out running on her usual training course along the mountain roads, she was suddenly confronted by an enormous, hairy creature!
Josie screamed, and then fled half in tears, but the creature remained hot on her heels. Realizing she had little chance of escape, Josie abruptly came to a halt, then turned trembling, to face her feral foe...
Josie successfully defeats Kuma, crying that Kuma scared her. However, Kuma's paw reveals that Josie had lost one of her earrings and that he was trying to return it to her. Shortly after returning it, he falls unconscious.
- Her rage art in the pre-Fated Retribution build of the game is copied directly from Xiba's (from Soul Calibur) Critical Edge.
- Her name is a play on Jose Rizal, the Philippines' national hero.
- Her "official" cosplayer for Tekken 7 is Yuriko Tiger.
- The flower design her clothes have is based on the Sampaguita, the national flower of the Philippines.
- She is the only character who doesn't speak her native language.
|Pre-fight Quotes||Win Quotes|
|Gotta focus.||I can't believe I won.|
|I got this.||I'm still ready to fight.|
|Oh my gosh. I'm getting nervous.||Yes. Yeah. I did it.|
|Get ready to fly!||Take this! You're finished!|
- Currently taking the Tekken Force's employment exam.
- Tekken 7 Josie Trailer. Twitter (2015-03-29). Retrieved 29 March 2015.