|Voiced By||Dave Mallow (SFxTK), Tomomichi Nishimura (Namco X Capcom), Taketora (SFxTK, TK7:FR)|
|Fighting Style||Martial arts rooted in Ansatsuken|
|Height||178 cm (5' 10")|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lbs)|
|Hobby|| Training and practicing Satsui no Hado|
|Likes|| Martial arts|
Satsui no Hado
fighting Evil Ryu
Anyone who interferes with his training
Akuma (悪魔), also known as Gouki (豪鬼) in Japan is a character from the Street Fighter series and is a major antagonist and enemy of Ryu. Akuma is well-known for his strength in the storyline and in gameplay and is famed for his trademark "Raging Demon". He was first introduced as the silhouette that Kazumi speaks to in one of the early trailers for Tekken 7 before his full reveal shortly after the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2015. In-game, Akuma acts as Fated Retribution's secret final boss, occasionally replacing Kazumi. Prior to his playable appearance in Tekken 7, Akuma appeared in Namco X Capcom and was also playable in the crossover game, Street Fighter X Tekken, acting as the final boss in the story mode if the player's lead character was from the Tekken series.
In a recent interview, Harada stated that Akuma's presence in Tekken is mainly due to the desire of bringing in a proper fight for both Street Fighter fans and Tekken fans, and that a fight of such magnanimity could not possibly occur in a spin-off. Harada also jokingly stated that the development team was also a huge fan of Street Fighter, but were dissatisfied by the story; resulting in them creating this version of Akuma.
According to an interview with Michael Murray, Akuma's presence in Tekken should not automatically mean that the universes of both Street Fighter and Tekken are intertwined.
In the Tekken 7's storyline, Akuma aids the lone Kazumi's wish to slay her spouse and her own son due to the fate of both causing widespread chaos and death.
Games in order of appearance:
Akuma retains most of his moves from the Street Fighter series, being able to throw out Hadokens (Go, Shakunetsu, and Zanku) that are sidesteppable and Goshoryuken, Tatsumaki Zankukyaku, Hyakkishu, and Ashura Senku. He also retains Messatsu Gou Hadou as his Super Move and the Raging Demon as his Rage Art.
Will be added.
- Akuma was initially revealed as the man that Kazumi spoke to in earlier trailers. His official reveal, however, occurred shortly after the King of Iron Fist Tournament 2015.
- Akuma is the only character who has a game mechanic exclusive to himself, Street Fighter's EX meter.
- Consequently, however, he is also the only character that does not have a Rage Drive.
- Akuma acts as a secret final boss of the game, occasionally replacing Kazumi. The fight will instead take place at the Abandoned Temple. The intro starts with Akuma sitting atop one of the statues. Noticing the player's character, he leaps down to issue his challenge. When he is defeated, he gets up from a kneeling position and releases a massive amount of Satsui no Hadou as the screen fades to black.
Spin-offs and Related GamesEdit
Akuma appeared in Namco X Capcom as one of the enemy characters.
This section empty. You can help by expanding it.
Story (Official Site)
The wielder of the Satsui no Hado, a man called "the master of the fist", who has slaughtered opponents with the ferocity of a demon. He searches for strong opponents to do battle with in a game of life or death. He has sent numerous fighters to their demise. He has a keen interest in Ryu, the disciple of Akuma's brother Gouken, as he has the potential to bring forth the Satsui no Hado from inside him. Because of that, he appears now to guide Ryu to the box in the Antarctic.
Story (In-Game Text)
Even before the discovery of the meteorite, Akuma felt its presence within his being... Like a voice calling out, the sensation grew day by day, almost taunting him, until finally the voice spoke clearly to him As if it were guiding him, Akuma stood up and faded into darkness... Where he has disappeared to is a mystery to all...
As Akuma walks towards Pandora, he questions if any left would dare to challenge him; Ogre appears as a response. Calling Ogre a "pitiful creature", Akuma challenges Ogre to prove his worth, and assumes his fighting stance in response to Ogre's roar.
Akuma approaches Pandora, but soon encounters a figure of Oni in Pandora Mode. Unfazed by the figure's presence and seemingly defiant nature, Akuma proceeds to state that he will remind the creature of his true power.
Akuma's epilogue revealed that a huge storm occurred at the Antarctic, forcing many of those who attempted to reach Pandora to turn back. Reports from some who were leaving the area stated that a massive crack in the ground appeared that consumed the box and a human-like figure of mass-energy being in the center of the storm. To this day, no one knows the exact cause for the storm or for the crack.
- Akuma is the first Street Fighter character to appear in a Namco-made Tekken game.
- Akuma is also the first non-Tekken character whose appearance is canon to the Tekken story.
- Akuma is the second guest character in Tekken series after Gon, who appeared in Tekken 3.
- Akuma's voice actor Taketora also voiced Panda in Tekken: Blood Vengeance.
- Akuma shares some similarities with his rivals Heihachi Mishima and Kazuya Mishima. All 3 characters were introduced in the same year (1994), they are usually depicted as anti-heroes and antagonize main characters of their respective franchises, all 3 have performed many superhuman feats, and all (except Heihachi) have the ability to transform into demonic forms to increase their power.
- Akuma and Heihachi shared the same voice actor - the late Daisuke Gōri. Akuma was voiced by Daisuke Gōri in Street Fighter Alpha: Generations, while Heihachi was voiced by Daisuke Gōri from Tekken 3 until Tekken 6, including crossovers Soul Calibur II, Death by Degrees, Namco X Capcom, Ridge Racer 6, and the first animated movie Tekken: The Motion Picture.
|Messatsu! (As a playable character)||You assume the form of a human, but you are nothing but a soulless imitation!|
|Prepare... For now I bring chaos... with my fists! (As a boss)||Challenging me shows your stupidity knows no bounds!|
|With a body like that, you could never hope to overcome my fists of destruction!|
|Even in your madness, you retain enough sense to tremble before my might!|
|Feelings of attachment have no place on the battlefield! Fool!|
|We're not finished yet! Live up to your reputation, stand up and face me again!|
|A dog who only barks deserves to be put down!|
|A machine could never hope to stand against me!|
|Your suffering has only just begun!|
|The power of my Satsui no Hado surpasses all. It is impossible for the likes of you to understand!|
|I will put an end to your arrogance! Know shame in death!|
|Prepare yourself for death! I will grind your bones into dust!|
|Neither man or beast can dare stand up to the Satsui no Hado!|
|Your hesitation will be your downfall!|
|Disappear from this world forever! (VS Law)|
|To fight is to know carnage and embrace death. You know nothing.|
|Leave my sight, girl! Unless you want to be buried here!|
|Throw yourself at me with all your might! Everything is powerless against the Satsui no Hado!|
|A battle to the death is not a game! Feel my murderous intentions! (VS Nina)|
|My fist grows even stronger! (VS Ogre)|
|Your stupidity has prevented you from feeling fear!|
|Fool, did you think your children's games would work on me?|
|Strike me a thousand times! You cannot even lay a scratch on me!|
|This is the battlefield, a place of suffering and death! It is no place for a spoiled little girl!|
|You couldn't scratch me even with a demonic sword!|
|Your strength mirrors a child's beguilement.||You can't even understand your own power.|
|You challenge me!?||Weaklings should perish.|
|A battle to the death...|